Buying a Company
HTML have an excellent reputation and are experienced in developing acquisition strategies for clients, identifying targets, initiating negotiations and project managing the transaction to completion.
- HTML will create attractive acquisition opportunities for clients through an exclusive search for potential targets to an agreed brief, and produce a short list of target acquisitions within a set timescale.
- We are experienced 'door openers' and will initiate discussions with the potential vendors or their advisors.
- We will perform a valuation of the target company taking into account an array of financial and commercial factors.
- We will be sensitive to the vendor's wider aspirations and will structure an offer so that the price offered is just one of the inducements placed before the vendor.
- HTML will manage negotiations so that, if a deal is struck, the vendor will have a full understanding of the offer so that there are no surprises later on in the process.
- HTML will manage every single aspect of the transaction to ensure a smooth process - delivered on time and to budget.
Our role as Lead Advisor will usually include the following areas:
- Negotiation of heads of terms, ordinary course covenant, net assets warranty
- Preparing the financial, legal and commercial due diligence information request
- Preparation of the lawyers' brief, appointment of advisors, negotiation of terms
- Specifying and either arranging or performing financial and commercial due diligence
- Arranging environmental, property and insurance due diligence as required
- Raising senior, subordinated and VC finance as required
- Detailed negotiation of all deal documents
- Closing - on time and to budget